HIGH PERFORMANCE STORAGE &
MEDIA DATA CENTER
CLUSTERED STORAGE & COMPUTING PLATFORM
WARP is a linearly scalable, clustered storage and computing platform to support real-time workflows in the most demanding environments.
Its high-performance software-based file-management platform allows you to dramatically increase your workflow productivity by running applications directly on WARP where needed.
The WARP cluster creates a unified pool of efficient storage, with a proven 100% of storage utilization and a guaranteed and predictable performance. So you’ll need less physical storage for your data - reducing your capital and operating costs.
4K, 8K, multiplatform, multiformat, and concurrent editing are here to stay. So are higher resolutions, larger files, more software processes and today’s high speed of content creation.
All these ask for rock-solid, reliable, cost-efficient and scalable storage solutions with a guaranteed and predictable performance.
If you are working at a media company, chances are that running software and managing large media files takes up more and more of your resources. To avoid running into a red brick wall, you’ll need more than conventional storage.
With traditional solutions, you’ll run into at least four key challenges. WARP has been designed to tackle all of these:
- You risk variable, unpredictable performance both for storage and for running client applications. Over time, this will result in operational issues and complex service level agreements.
- To try and tackle issues, your IT department will over-provision hardware, leading to an inefficient use of resources: space, electricity, cooling, licenses and investments.
- The IT architecture is not linearly scalable, therefore you cannot predict future costs or plan how to cope with future demand.
- The architecture doesn’t allow you to calculate the cost per service or user, so you can’t set up a more flexible business and service model
Modern media organizations need a dedicated media datacenter or private cloud to be able to run their processes and access content flexibly and on demand.
With their background in media, SDNsquare’s experts have come to know the challenges of digital media content the hard way.
This allowed them to identify the key challenges and develop dedicated solutions, powerful cost-efficient solutions that scale for your long-term needs in storage and networking. These solutions include:
- The SDNsquare file system based on IBM GPFS - Spectrum Scale. With this easy-to-use management system, your team can manage the whole platform without hiring a GPFS specialist.
- The SDNsquare cluster network: based on our patented SDNsquare technology, we built an Ethernet-based storage cluster network that is 100% efficient. This means every packet from every storage node will travel through the network without loss.
- The SDNsquare selection of certified hardware, allowing you freedom of choice in selecting hardware, vendors and manufacturers.
- The SDNsquare management system: all components are packaged so that the storage datacenter may be configured and managed in the easiest way possible.
Our understanding of your business is reflected in a unique business model, based on the SDNsquare software and network usage, not on volume or hardware.
SDN2 NETWORK TECHNOLOGY
Based on software-defined networking, SDN² network technology offers you the opportunity to set up data paths with bandwidth guarantee to overcome the challenges of bursty high-impact environments with multiple users.
WARP operates independently of the load on the system. WARP’s outstanding behavior results from its specialized and tuned disk arrangement optimized for digital media. This arrangement guarantees predictable performance for each disk so that the WARP cluster file system may in its turn guarantee sustained parallel performance to all users, applications and storage across the whole platform.
WARP is linearly scalable in processing power, storage throughput and storage capacity. WARP allows you to scale up instantly to meet your specific business needs. Add more applications anytime.
The patented SDN² network technology allows the storage cluster to fill up each data link to 100%. This is made possible by the overall predictability of the system.
PREDICTABILITY OF PERFORMANCE & COSTS
SDNsquare helps you avoiding excessive investments caused by over-provisioning. We make sure your cost of operation is predictable. That way, you may start any project with perfect ease of mind: the delivery and performance are guaranteed.
WARP MANAGEMENT INTERFACE
The user-friendly WARP web interface allows creating shares and quotas in a very easy way. You can create users as well as group of users and manage them according to your needs. Create snapshots and restore them, whenever you need them.
The WARP media datacenter comes with measurable and proven features, unlike anything you’ll be offered with conventional solutions for data storage:
- Guaranteed performance
- Stable performance at 99% filling factor
- Throughput up to 1 TByte/s
- 500% faster workflow execution
- packet loss
- Ultimate efficiency
- Increasing the storage network efficiency by a factor 6 to 8
- 100 % bandwidth use - no packet loss, nor head of line blocking
- Linear scalability in cost and performance
- Triple independent linear scalability: capacity, throughput and computing
- High-performance applications
- Optimized for transfer of large files (time constrained) for mission critical processes
- Controlled high bandwidth to every application node or application
- 4K/8K collaborative editing
- DPX pre-fetching
- System features
- Single global namespace
- Support for virtualized multi-OS (Linux/Windows) computing
- File system access via CIFS/SMB, NFS, AFP, HTTP and FTP
- ILM functionality between the storage tiers
- Built upon the IBM GPFS file system optimized for improved media behavior