SDN controller for deterministic IP
SDN controller ENABLING GUARANTEED IP DATAFLOWS
How can you ensure your critical IP network is always performing, despite the increasingly large files, massive data transfers and rapidly growing traffic networks have to handle today?
SDNsquare’s GRID is a disruptive network software solution that provides you with 100% quality of service to handle your bulk data in a fundamentally new way.
The product offers you the opportunity to set up IP data paths without packet loss. It assures you with exact bandwidth guarantees to overcome the challenges of bursty high impact environments, such as file-based media production.
The patented GRID Network, with its outstanding easy-to-manage usability virtualizes the network in order to go beyond QoS features of compatible standard switches to set up end to end flows in your network. All this is packaged in software, it is 'an engineer in a box'.
We have assembled efficiency, scalability and guaranteed performance to get the maximum out of your network fabric.
Why GRID in media or datacenters?
SDI/IP, 4k/8k media, multiplatform, multiformat, concurrent editing ... Higher resolutions, larger files, more software processes and today’s speed of content creation ask for rock-solid reliable, cost-efficient and scalable network solution with guaranteed and predictable performance.
Software based media organisations. Media organisations are transforming into fully software based organisation that need more than a basic network. It must be possible to have software that translates and schedules in a flexible way the workflows into guaranteed IP data flows.
Media organisations require a converged media network to cope in a flexible and 'on demand' way with the different media processes.
Applying traditional solutions in the market leads to 4 key challenges that we tackle:
- Variable performance on the network level and on application/client level, leading to operational issues. No absolute guarantees or predictability possible.
- Over-provisioning of network hardware and bandwidth leading to an inefficient usage of resources and shifting problems.
- Non linear scalable network architecture - no insight in future costs and how to cope with future demand.
- Shared IP network cost makes it impossible to calculate the cost per service or user and exploit more flexible business and service model
The web-based GRID GUI represents the virtualization of the network environment. Its revolutionary graphical design wizard allows best-in-class configuration to design, configure, implement and monitor your GRID network. It allows you to add and delete switches, clients and servers, and define flows for your needed applications. Set-up circuit-based connections, just as in an SDI network.
Build up your networks using GRID’s architecture overview by adding your required switches and stub-switches. You can easily integrate them into your existing infrastructure by connecting over external stub switches. No need to upgrade everything!
Easily set up your flows in the virtual view to connect your required applications and set bandwidth and burst accordingly. See all your applications at a glance and be in charge of how much bandwidth you want to dedicate to each flow to fill up the pipes efficiently.
GRID creates a cabling diagram and list, to fast and easily connect your switches. Once everything is connected, you can check your configuration with the cabling test. It will not take more than 30 seconds of your valuable time.
Monitor what really counts: the performance of your flows. The intuitive red and green light indication makes it easy to detect errors for quick trouble-shooting. SNMP messaging provides an easy integration into your existing monitoring environment.
Additionally you can account your network usage for each flow, allowing to develop new calculation and business models for your applications and your company.
Grid Key Features
- Easy end to end network provisioning per flow
- Achieve 100% utilization of provisioned network
- Reduce capital and operating costs by deploying the GRID with optimal utilisation of switch resources
- Guaranteed data paths without packet loss
- Orchestration of the network fabric to maximize the complete utilization of provisioned bandwidth
- List available ports, bandwidth and flow resources automatically while you design
- Fastest network deployment in the world
- Automatic generation of all switch configurations within seconds - no cli or network commands required, no network consultant required
There is no need to upgrade your whole network. GRID easily integrates with your legacy network. Apply GRID to your Post Production and upgrade step-by-step, where needed. Whenever new projects, additional workflows or traffic patterns on the existing network require upgrades - GRID will allow for a cost-effective modular expansion of the network infrastructure, without having to reside to expensive overprovisioning.